Choose a Size for your Cover


Now that you know you need covers for your TPT products, it's time to find out a little more about covers. (If you missed the audio on the need for covers, click here.)

Cover Size Decisions

Using a portrait/landscape cover means you can just upload your product and use the generated thumbnails.

Using a square cover gives you more real estate to have a larger title and use the graphics that you want. You do have to upload this & your other thumbnails separately which is not a huge deal.

I started out with portrait/landscape covers. That was when TPT didn't show all of your cover unless it was square. I have finally converted over to a modified square cover. I use my portrait cover and have a strip of black on the side. It works for me. I know a few sellers that do something similar. I don't suggest everyone do that because the point is for YOUR products to stand out in the sea of resources.


Whichever you choose, be consistent. Use the same for all covers.

Make a Decision!
Go take a look at your store and other stores (established and newer).
Do a TPT search for any topic and look at the variety of covers.
Decide on your cover size before you go any further with your products. You will be happy that you did.

Next time we'll be talking about the anatomy of the TPT cover. If you haven't signed up for my newsletter, click the button below. I will be sending out a newsletter with more tips, advice, and motivation starting this Friday. You don't want want to miss out!

2 comments